Application & Approval Process
Customer Support & Benefits
Equipment & Software Quality
National Processing is a top-rated merchant account provider company with transparent rates. They provide low-cost credit card and ACH payment processing as well as fair Interchange Plus fees. The company started in 2007, and while it is one of the smaller merchant account providers, it has a very attractive offer and pricing table making them very popular and well-liked. They offer both software and hardware and can process nearly every type of transaction so they are a common destination for businesses that have more exotic needs. National Processing has very few negative reviews and has held an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau since 2008. National Processing has partnerships with Clover, SwipeSimple, Verifone, Authorize.Net, Merchant Foundry, Poynt, Ingenico and DeJavoo and more. This provider works best with small and medium-sized businesses looking to pay less and get more out of their processing contracts.
- Small and medium-sized businesses.
- Firearms dealers.
- Some high risk businesses.
- Good rates For Hard to Place Merchants
- Software companies (SaaS) who need an integrated payment partner.
- Retail stores.
- eCommerce stores needing a payment gateway.
- Businesses that already have POS equipment but want to change to a better processor.
- Businesses that are planning on scaling while using National Processing.
- Businesses looking to save money on credit card processing.
- Businesses with Clover equipment.
- Businesses that need ACH processing.
- Businesses that need smartphone/mobile payment processing.
- Businesses that process over $200,000/month will generally save.
National Processing is very transparent and open with their fees and prices. First of all, they offer month-to-month contracts to businesses that do not require any equipment. These contracts come without an ETF (Early Termination Fee) but if the business requires equipment, the ETF is valid only for the equipment in the pre-agreed period and equals $295. National Processing promises to not exact any annual fees or monthly minimum fees. They have several plans to satisfy the demands from businesses of all sizes. The first three plans are best for small and medium businesses while the latter two are scaled for businesses with up to $200,000 in monthly processing and those with processing needs above $200,000. All plans have several common features:
- They are protected by National Processing’s Rate Lock Guarantee.
- Chargeback and risk monitoring.
- Next-day funding available.
- Full PCI compliance.
- QuickBooks integration.
- Software fees for free Clover Go, Clover Flex or Clover Mini equipment.
- Software integrations & gateways.
Small business plans ($10 per month)
National Processing has three small business plans – the Restaurant plan, the Retail plan, and the eCommerce plan. The Interchange Plus fee for restaurants is 0.15% + $0.07 for every transaction, 0.20% + $0.10 per transaction for retail stores and 0.30% + $0.15 per transaction for eCommerce stores. These plans include a free reprogram of the business’ existing equipment (when possible), a gateway setup and a free Clover Go.
Plans for larger businesses
There are two subscription plans for larger businesses at National Processing. The first plan is meant for businesses that have up to $200,000 in monthly transactions, while the second plan is for businesses that have more than that. The smaller plan costs $59 per month with Interchange Plus fees of 0% + $0.09. The larger plan costs $199 per month with an Interchange Plus fee of 0% + $0.05, making this a very cheap option for businesses of this size.
Additionally, these two subscription plans include all the features from the previous smaller plans, as well as a free mobile reader, terminal and pin pad, while the largest plan also has a free Clover Flex or Mini (your choice) and a free terminal upgrade every two years.
- Full integration with smartphone/mobile payment processing.
- Online payment gateway and virtual processing terminal.
- Dedicated account executives standing by.
- ACH payments solutions including business integrated APIs and software.
- Multiple plans available to fit a variety of businesses regardless of size.
- Very clear and transparent fees with Interchange Plus pricing!
- Free equipment for qualified businesses.
- Consistent A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- $500 AMEX gift card if National Processing can’t beat the price of the business’ other payment processor (for businesses that process more than $10,000 per month).
- Early termination fee can be waived under special circumstances.
- Stellar in-house, US-based customer support with a positive public response.
- 10% of all profits made by National Processing are donated to charity.
National Processing is a registered ISO/MSP of Woodforest National Bank so they are considered to be a very reliable and secure merchant account provider. They use physical security as well as SSL encryption to guard all of their data so businesses can rest assured that their private data will stay private. Additionally, National Processing subscribes to a fraud management service which further helps with protecting the information on all transactions going through them to prevent credit card fraud. All of National Processing’s equipment is provided by their partners whose devices are legally certified to be fully secure to protect credit card and account processing data.
One of the most renowned features of National Processing is their stellar customer support. They do not outsource it overseas and it is based in the United States. National Processing has developed several avenues of contact for their customer support. First of all, they have a live chat on their website, as well as the option to schedule a call with them or call them directly.
In addition to this, National Processing also has several self-education options on their website. Clients can find the Insights section with hundreds of blog posts to assist them with any credit card processing issues or dilemmas.
Address: 1020 W 600 S #300, Lindon, UT 84042
Phone (New Businesses): (801) 228-1374
Phone (Existing Clients): (801) 228-1374
Email: [email protected]